Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Title

I have not posted a blog up here for quite some time. People being stalkers didn't help the rush of it all. But as I am about to start my homework - I still haven't - I need to write this thought out. I was reading something about "being saved."

But what is considered to be "saved?" People may have their own take on this, but to me - from what I was taught - being saved is being rescued from your sin, turning from your old ways, no longer being dead and separated from Christ. Saved means accepting the gift of salvation, the free gift that not many people know there is.

So salvation. Sure you can know the meaning, and say that you are saved. But if you were to accept Christ as the Lord and Savior of your life, then seek advice/comfort/healing in a way that was not in Christ, do you lose your salvation? Or if you commit a murder and are addicted to drugs after becoming a Christian, are you still saved? The question is, can we lose our salvation?

I know I've had discussions about this topic with other Christian friends. Some believe that you can lose your salvation after one sin. Others believe that once you are forgiven then you are forgiven for life, no matter what. I agreed with that second statement. But that question of murder came up. And what if they accepted God and never turned back to Him again, are they still saved?

I was blessed with parents who grew up in Christian homes and were able to give me the best advice they can according to their judgment. My mom told me the answer that seems the most logical to me. She said that if a person was really saved - meaning that they had accepted the Lord as Savior - then they would turn away from the worldly desires. Although they may sin because we were made sinful people, a person who TRULY accepted Christ into their heart would be able to turn back to God, no matter what.

We ARE forgiven for sins of the past and the present and the future, but are we really accepting the gift? Are we saying that we are saved, but not living it in our lifestyle? Was there a point when you WERE living it, but you have gone astray? Or are you just saying it and going back to whatever YOU want to do?

Wouldn't a person who was able to be saved feel the love of Christ so much that all things should be lifted up to Him? What thing of the world could replace the satisfaction of Christ in your life? The question is no longer about losing your salvation, but rather fully knowing what it means in YOUR life to be saved?

This is a rather long blog... I guess it's food for thought.

2 comments:

Selene from E:III said...

wow! You should write better for God. Make a book. I would be moved . I am moved by your Godly words.

Anonymous said...

did you know moses killed someone? did he lose his salvation? you know...it says in the bible that the unforgivable sin is blasphemy towards God. it's been said that suicide means you go to hell but nowhere in the bible does it say that. let me ask you this question. you're a christian right? does being a christian make you perfect? do you never make mistakes and never stray away because you're a christian? i don't think so which is why i believe that even after straying away from the lord having been saved...you still are saved. all sin is equal. lying is just as bad as murder just like adultery is just as bad as not honoring your parnts. i believe that one can be saved and still make mistakes because we're human but if one's heart is really and truly heartened towards God then the only way to get saved is to come back to him. i'm sure in heaven we'll see some people that we never imagined would be there and didn't think had the heart to be there. but we can't judge only God can tell and he works in mysterious ways. i hope this is of help.