Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Paul's letter to the Romans


Wow, a real page from the Book of Romans! Paul is awesome for writing most of the Bible.

So I did my devotional today on Romans 1, and wow. I haven't done a devotional for a quite a while, sad I know. But it's really convicting. Paul is so bold in proclamation of the Gospel. As it says in verse 16 (Adult Sunday School's memory verse)

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.

Awesome! I wish I could be like Paul, going to prison numerous times, yet having God bail him out like nothing. Paul is an apostle I admire.

The rest of the chapter talks of the unrighteous world and how they know of God yet have deceived themselves into pleasing and glorifying their own needs. I admit, I give into the world at times, but thankfully God's grace and mercy has been there to get me out into His light so that I may be the light of the world and the salt of the earth.

No comments: