Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Good days...?

Blogger, oh Blogger. You are the one who ignited my love for blogging once again. Tumblr is too hard to update when you don't have a laptop. Plus, serious blogs are not meant for that site. And xanga... I'm just too lazy.
Today, I think I've had a good day. I ran, by myself (yay me!), and it was almost the whole mile but I was so groggy that I forgot to pee before I left the house. So while I was running, I needed to pee so badly that running would make me go in my panties... which definetely = no bueno! Anyways, well I watched my dad file my state taxes, and unfortunately I had to pay a whopping $21 to the state of California. Whatever it's koo.
Before that though, I had such a thoughtful conversation with my parents. And with that, I realized that my mom only wants the best for me, but my dad has been faithfully praying for me. Talking to Selene last night made me realize that I TRULY am blessed with godly parents that love me and taught me how to be the person I am today. I love you, Mom and Dad. My dad's words were nothing but a warm feeling to my heart. He knew what I was yearning and he knew how to comfort and lead me. My mom is really a loving mother, wanting nothing but the best for her daughter. Really, Mom and Dad, I love you guys and I thank God for blessing me with parents who can guide me towards righteousness.
So after all that goodness, my dad filed my state tax return, ..."PAPA!" And I headed off to Dr. Shapiro's to get my first dosage of the HPV shot. Although I was late, and the shot hurt like a mother!... I was once again blessed! When I was about to schedule for my next appointment, I noticed a book that was just wedged between the wall and a payment collection tray. I looked at it.... "Velvet Elvis." Wait a minute... wait a minute! This was the book Selene had talked so much about! I asked the receptionist if I could take a look at it. And to my surprise she said that I could have it since someone had left it a while ago and never claimed it. AMAZING! It was a brand new book, no creases what so ever. All I could say in my mind was, "Thank you, God!"
Work was meh... lunch was fun. But this day was definetly a day worth blogging. Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes you do have loving parents =) it's all good. saw it coming though, oh buttercups. high five you ran by yourself and im gonna call you tmrw morning if you read this tonight to go run lol. your story of the velvet elvis reminds me of Pat's story when he saw this book at his friends and asked him if he could have it. in book of Matthew, ask and you shall receive, knock and the door shall be answered. we'll do good, walk by faith not by sight. going to san mateo now oh my..

study study, ditto too starburst.

Anonymous said...

got lazy to log on haha whatever.

Anonymous said...

one more thing, don't know what happened to 17 i totally freakin' forgot or skipped it. o well

Selene from E:III said...

dude where the pictures at you know I have add help a sista out