Monday, January 14, 2008

5th Grade Status.

Friday afternoon, I walked to Gio's school to pick him up. It's only about 3-4 blocks from my house. While I was walking, I pass the bus stop right next to Alta Loma Middle school and there are three boys standing there, in their school uniforms. It seemed odd because Alta Loma has not been let out yet at that time of day. Ayways, I keep walking carrying a basketball in my arms so Gio could practice on the way home.

As Gio, Gio's friend, and I are walking back towards my house, one of those middle schoolers - the one who looks like he's in 6th grade - asks me if I am in 5th grade. "No!" was my automatic response. Then I wondered if my not-wearing-any-make-up gave that impression, plus the fact that I was wearing a backpack. Or maybe the lil' kid was trying to holler, but making sure I wasn't a youngin because I swear he saw me pass him 10 mins before. Whatever, apparently I am 5th grade status!

No comments: