Saturday, October 13, 2007

"Let me take you down...

"... cause Im going to
Strawberry fields
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hung about
Strawberry fields forever."

Selene imported the Love album by the Beatles last night, and now this song is really stuck in my head. I actually am listening to it right now, for the 4th time since I sat down to write this. It's a great song, but the blog is not going to be about this blog alone. Perhaps is may be a little bit of this, a little bit of that.

What's been going on in my life? Hmm... let's see. School, I'm really nervous... I'm going to apply for the nursing program this month and I am really nervous. I know for a fact that I am most definetly NOT getting into the program, but a little part of me wants the school to make a mistake and pick me. Stupid GPA isn't a 3.7. I disappointed myself. And right now I am not doing as well in school as I want. But it's so hard balancing so many classes. I have to finish writing my english paper by tonight [It's also Tiff's birthday party, I highly doubt I can make it, well maybe for an hour]. Then afterwards I want to study for my physio lab midterm and sociology midterm, which are both on Tuesday. I really hope I get A's on both, I need the GPA boost.

Besides school, I am having fun getting free movie screenings. I got three so far, but I only watched two: Dan in Real Life & Lars and the Real Girl. I didn't notice that they both had life in their title. They were both good movies, but Lars was really REALLY good. Ryan Gosling is such a great actor. He has stepped it up since Mickey Mouse Club and Breaker High.

Let's see, my spiritual life has been going. Neither up nor down. I feel like I am at a steady pace, and that is not where I want to be. I'd rather be going up. But the Bible study last night reacquainted me with the verse from the book of John 3:30:
He must increase. But I must decrease.
I spoke out last night, and I know it was His words that came out of my mouth because when I stop to realize what I said, it hit me. What I said was in response to the passages that we read, stating that we are free people but we should not take advantage of this. And that when are invited to a feast, we don't seat ourselves next to them and boast about ourselves. And I think that THAT is where Christians go hazy. What I had said last night was that we ARE NOT humbled enough, and that we ARE NOT worthy to be seated beside Him. Here we go, being selfish everyday, thinking about what I WANT, what I FEEL, what I NEED. I need to do this... I need to get that... I... I... I... me... me... me. And here comes Christ, dying for our sins so that we can spend eternity with Him. He thought of us first, and we respond with what we else we want. We are his servants. He didn't make us His slaves, forcing us to do his every tasks. He gave us a choice in life, the only thing he asks is to love and bring glory to His name....

***CONTINUATION***

What we were learning was to be humble. We dissected the part of Psalm 23:3, "He guides me in paths of righteousness for His names sake." We do things for HIS name sake, so that we can be righteous. How so? I see it as doing things for Him, so that He is accredited properly because we as human are not able to do things on our own. God gives us the strength, the knowledge and the talents to do things. We in ourselves may find joy through it, and that is what God wants, but who are we to take credit for something that we didn't do ourselves. It's a bit selfish. How can we be selfish with a God who is selfless. WOW... I do that all the time. I am selfish. I like the bring attention to what I had accomplished. It feels good. But I didn't do it on my own. God allowed me to be sucessful, or he allowed me to fail. I usually only see Him when I fail because when I did it "on my own," I feel all powerful. I need to be humbled. And I pray that is what those out there do as well. We, of course, cannot say that "I am humble," because the moment that you do, you become proud. I pray that I, and others out there can be humbled before God. He sent His ONE AND ONLY son to die one of the most horrible deaths, the only way to repay is by just glorifying Him in all we do. He did put us here for a reason, and allowed us to keep on going. Yes... those are my two cents. What are yours?

1 comment:

aaron j. said...

we must talk about this soon because i think i just went through a break through... that's what Tito Noel said.. but yah most def. HE MUST INCREASE we must decrease