Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Walk on by.

One of the most favorite past times I developed in college was watching people. Having been on campus with so many people, you sort of just cannot help but TO look at people. You look at what they're wearing, if it's cute or not. You see if they took time to get ready, or just got up and went to class. You notice if they try to look presentable or look like they are about to go to the club. You examine how they walk and carry themselves. But most of all you notice how their face looks. "She's cute." Or, "wow... he's mighty fine!" A little bit of "WOAH... why are you so hot?!" And every-so-often the "Oh my gosh... did you see her face (hand gesture around the face), what's wrong with it?"
Watching people has become a, sort of, past time because when I'm by myself, with my own thoughts, I wonder who the people around me are? I don't know them and I probably never will. But if you look enough, and have that same route, you tend to see the same people on those specific days. Don't take me wrong, I am no stalker. But looking at people is satisfactory to me. Sometimes it's funny. Sometimes it's sad. Othertimes it is a bit awkward. Or it is rewarding. You see that girl with "meat" on her back, or the guy in the bookstore. How about the guy you see in government class? Or the girl who parks where you park everyday, and walks down from Junipero Serra to HSS with you. The guy in the hat. The guy from your friend's gym. The girl who dates someone you know. Or that clique you can always see together.
I think that watching people walk on by gives me a perception of where I am, and who I am. I know how I dress, and what I can probably be perceived as. It's a game that changes everyday as you observe the life around you. (I must say once again, I am no stalker... it's just a game!)

I wear my sunglasses as you walk on by.

2 comments:

Selene from E:III said...

Your fascination for watching humans is equivalent to my inclination on observing the humans conversational and emotional fluctuations.

Regina said...

i like the people references =) and the guy from that reality show haha.